This is just a simple little reminder (for myself more than anything) to HYDRATE today. I must admit that I am guilty about starting my day with tea and continuing on without drinking much water at all. If I am having a workout day, then I am drinking water – but this is simply replacing the fluid that’s being lost through sweat. And as far as tea and coffee go, for every cup you enjoy throughout the day you actually need one additional cup over and above your normal requirements for water.
Simply add some lemon to the water and you turbo boost the amazing benefits. That’s because lemon, when metabolized, actually has an alkalizing affect on the body. And when you lower your pH, you turn your body into a fat-burning machine!
Here’s some points to remember:
- Start the day with a large glass of water before you have anything else to jump start the detoxifying process.
- Aim to get eight 8oz glasses a day. (This is 4 pint glasses worth – you could try filling them up in the morning and making sure you finish them by the end of the day.)
- Be sure to have an additional glass for every caffeinated or alcoholic beverage you enjoy.
- Bubbly mineral water or seltzer is one of my favorite diet tricks. Enjoy a glass or two (in your nicest wine glass) before a meal to help fill up your stomach so you eat less.
- Any time your energy is waning try having a large glass of cold water with lemon. You’ll be surprised how much this can help with fatigue. A lot of the time when we are tired, or hungry or have a headache – it’s actually because we’re dehydrated!
A properly fueled, hydrated body can take on ANYTHING. So whether you are redecorating, running the kids all around town, studying for a class, working out or just relaxing in a hammock – it will all be more pleasurable if you give your thirsty cells what they crave! So, I’m off to take my own advice!